Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

targeting -gmud

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: targeting -gmud

how do you set it up so that you can target others? I'd also like to be able to do some sort of target where when I "kk" I bash them. Like bash target lugaron or something.

I'm a retard as far as mud clients go.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject:

the kk thing is an alias. You can set it up so that you can type sjdflkjsdlkjfds and it will do something, but you have to change the target each time you want to change it.

And a targetting script on gmud = no.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject:

I know it's an alias.

And you can do it. You can do it on another one that is set up the same. the zealot knew how to do it, but the search function is screwed on the forum.

0 0 0
Kazagistar

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject:

just get something like zmud or JMC or what I use, WinTin.net (free, good helpfile).
I started with gmud, but quickly found how bad it is.
Either way, I'm hoping to make my own super-cusomized client using C++ .net and MFC (for those of you who know what I'm talking about).

0 0 0
Kazagistar

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject:

I just checked back in gmud and I couldn't find any sort of variables, so when it comes to targeting, I'm pretty much sure you are screwed.

0 0 0
m1co

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

Jamus, i would suggest you get JMC, as its faster than Gmud and more nifty, and here are basic targetting scripts for JMC:

syntaxes:

tar <target> (sets your target)
sp <spell> (sets spell to be used as primary)
msp <spell> (sets spell to be used as secondary)
mode <cast/commune> (sets the mode if you're caster or communer)
x (uses dirt kick on target if you're the one with the skill)
z (murder target)
3 (casts some bad spell on your target)
4 (casts secondary spell on your target)

Code:
#alias 3 {$mode '$spell' $targ}
#alias 4 {$mode '$mspell' $targ}
#alias x {dirt $targ}
#alias z {murder $targ}
#alias tar {#var targ %1}
#alias sp {#var spell %1}
#alias msp {#var mspell %1}
#alias mode {#var mode %1}

JMC you can download from my homepage at:

snakr.is.dreaming.org under Mudclients/Jmc/Older, get the jmc 2.x because jmc 3.x is way more sucky, then open it up, copy/paste this code into your client, press save settings on toolbar, type #con abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net 9000 and off ye go!
all aliases can be made by using #alias {youralias} {activity}
all triggers/actions can be made as #action {Triggering words} {activity you wanna do}
well its all on helpfile and its easy, check it out, and fixedsys fonts kick arse!

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

What I posted before will only work on clients that allow you to script. Unfortunately, Gmud isn't one of those; it allows aliases and triggers, but doesn't really allow communication between them, if you get my meaning.

That means that any alias you want setting up on Gmud, you have to do it all manually. It doesn't allow something like "@kill @target" (or however variables are represented).

The targetting script I posted was for RoAclient, which allows scripts. M1co's script will work for JMC, and there are a few out there for ZMUD. If you want to script, those are the clients you're going to want to be using.

As a side note, I'd probably recommend JMC or Zmud out of the three. I'm getting highly pissed off with RoA's crap logging ability. Sad

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I use Portal GT, GTD is latest. It's at www.gameaxle.com

The commands in every client differ slightly, what's common is that variables are set somehow in the command line and then recalled uses @ symbols.

To set variables, couple examples are: roaclient uses
Code:
$var <variable> <string>

Portal uses
Code:
;process @<variable=<string>

What your client does may be different. Idea is the same for all, you set up some Alias (like kk) that contains Two variables. The first one is the action you wish to do, second is the target you wish to do it to.

I'm a n00b, so I just use two variables. @attack and @target.

I also have alias set up to quickly change them, and if I cared enough I could have triggers do that for me. I'm lazy though and want more control than what a shitty trigger of my may do.

Then I have stuff like "mr" = @attack @target, so it murder/dirt/bash/acid/whatever to whatever my target is. I also have aliases set up to move a direction and then @attack @target. Helps in chases.

But ya. Main idea is to have a set of base variables, such as @attack @target, and then to manipulate them.

m1co's idea works if you can stand JMC, i can't really.

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
m1co's idea works if you can stand JMC, i can't really.

Haven't tried roaclient, but I have tried zmud and mushclient.Compared to zmud I found that JMC is very simple, but still has all the nessecary functions for me and mushclient only supports limited amount of macros(hotkeys).

But as far as my targeting scripts go the ones I use are a bit different. I use macros instead of aliases (usually f1-f4), that way I don't have to press enter all the time so I save some time and make less typos. Instead of having two variables I usually just have four macros for my main starting skills eg. f1 = murder target, f4 = dirt target and f2/f3 depend on my class and I usually have aliases set up so I can quickly change them during combat if the class has so many skills for starting combat.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Alright, I use GMud and personally, I don't think its that bad, I can understand why you would think it might be, but if you are complaining about such, then your a big fat lazy homo, or bflh(no offense to anyone who is ACTUALLY a bflh)
And JMC is too.... foriegn, it doesnt make sense to me, maybe Im an idiot, I dont know, and zmud is nice, but unfortunatly, I am not willing to change over, and spend money at the same time, but hey, as soon as someone buys it for me, I'll use it, I promise

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: