Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Q1 2024 Patch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject: Events

The thing that really sets this game apart from any other game is the willingness for the devs (imms) to actually take (good) feedback and make changes, and more impressive are the events. The fell/abyssal invasion comes to mind as one of my absolute favorite moments in gaming, no other game even comes close.

That being said, my idea isn't nearly as good, and will probably get shot down. Others can feel free to comment their own ideas (or just laugh at mine). I propose a limited amount of players be allowed to create a "spy" type character and join a rival cabal, wreak havoc, and then give that cabal a chance to locate and deal with said spy/saboteur. I look at the active caballed 50s and see that with few exceptions they aren't playing a ton. I think a little intrigue might incentivize people to get on and do more than the daily grind and pick fights that they know they can win.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Always love new ideas! The problem with this notion is its completely against immersion - you're pretty much rolling one toon to help another, and the link between the two is so tight that you likely can't separate knowledge learned on either toon.

Instead, maybe the level 50s time would be better spent actively recruiting young spies.. I dunno, how could would it be if a Knight was able to convince a young evil to join Legion and sabotage them from the inside, in exchange for redemption? Maybe it's one of those 'born evils' like fire giant or drow who never had a chance at a Lightwalker life to begin with.

Kind of fun to think about, for sure.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

I think the reason fell/abyssal/traitor (i.e. "the invasion") worked decently well is because the idea was a simple one, you just create two teams (shirts vs skins) and with one sides goal being eradicate everyone else, it makes neutrality suddenly an unaffordable option and trash pk'ing is on the menu. these fell and abyssal races were also very easy. Also another reason it was cool was because I was telling a story with that and you had to wait and see how it was going to develop, fells were the mid to late part of the story.

I don't think it would work that well to design cabals to self-destruct.. a double agent in Knights is cool for the double agent and sucks for everyone else in Knights, sounds like its going to be complex politics and probably not very likeable? Also, only a few can participate.

Whats more appealing for me is if we took a little of what Avenar, Vevier etc were doing, which is cool shit but seems to engage mainly heralds and company (not a bad thing), and make that into a bigger thing, e.g. instead of 3 heralds set off to kill the level 60 mob someone loaded on surge with no bigger long term point that i could see besides to twiddle thumbs rp'ing and make a satisfying loot pinata for that month of playtime, you would instead have a MASSIVE goal set meaning everybody (the entire playerbase) gets 3 days to kill 1000 demons on the fringes of the realm (like tainted valley), and if that goal is failed then the invasion creeps further, so that the world is always under invasion and depending how these missions go you can win or lose them. winning means gaining relics and medals or other useful loot, losing means no rewards, and we would just have to think up what areas to pick and what goals to set as the campaign progresses. it could be undead or demons. TBH, I dont really understand why we havent done this, it seems like not much work and would feel more like a dnd campaign. i guess i wouldnt call it an "event" though Vertas.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Yeah exactly, like something out of a dnd campaign. Something with puzzles and tough mobs to kill and maybe opposing factions (good/evil/whatever) having different or opposite goals (prevent invasion or whatever), would you be receptive to such ideas? If so what would be the best way to communicate them?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:44 am    Post subject:

sure, forums is fine

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Q1 2024 Patch All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: