Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

A Better Idea for Increasing the Playerbase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He has made the exact same race/class/cabal/leader combo as the last time around, and proceed to start clearing out 50 pk range doing the exact same shit.

Doesn't this describe Resatimm except for the leader part?

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Insom wrote:
Quote:
He has made the exact same race/class/cabal/leader combo as the last time around, and proceed to start clearing out 50 pk range doing the exact same shit.

Doesn't this describe Resatimm except for the leader part?

Key phrase = 'doing the exact same shit', implying ooc shenanigans. Personally while I can't prove anything, I felt many times that Lothgar for example was ooc. He always had Jabe with him or Grekku even though they claimed Grek and him didn't like each other. But Legion at that time was always some bullshit 2-3 man gangbanging crew. On the flipside until they all deleted to a man except me, Justice was apparently kinda ooc too.. won't name drop but one of them is one of the most prominent whiny people in here. I haven't played in Tyrdeth's time but it sounds like the implication is that it was just business as usual there too. Random thought - it'd be realllly funny it they could tie Jabe's IP to one of the freshly deleted Legions, that'd curl some toes.

P.S. That paragraph is depressing. If they want to clean house even on borderline stuff.. good.

Oook, done with this topic and not adding on to its existence anymore.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject:

so what? fry someone just because you think they might be OOC cause they play too good? because people who are dedicated to playing the game, playing in a cabal are around sometimes at the same time too?

wow, weak.

The fact is Dav fucked pip because on a logboard he talked some trash.

Last time I checked the rule in the game was you have to stay in character at all times. Commonsense dictates that in the game you stay in character which he did. Who gives a fuck if anyone knows who he is, or anyone is outside of the game. You couldn't find a legit solid reason for fucking him.

Sometimes you gotta swallow your pride, say "I fucked up, sorry. I'll make things right". Bet this whole issue would go away alot quicker if you did that and you'd get alot more respect too.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject:

There's irony.

0 0 0
Craginoth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject:

dude no matter how drunk I get I never type like that. Wasted.

Oh Slade, the thing with Lothgar and Jabe(Bameche) is, we played so long together that I got a feel for when he was going to be around, plus I sent notes to Legions telling them to come around at a certain time (i.e. mid day, late day, yada yada) so I roleplayed it as well as kept it in game. I was also pulling 9 hour days on mud then too so.. And yes, I disliked Grekku's char because he was a complete tool when it came to Legion affairs. I can understand how people see it as a "coincidence", but I don't get how you sling OOC when you have an active cabal because you take the time to equip your Legions and protect them so they aren't getting mopped all over the place. I understand that it's not my duty to protect people within a cabal like that, but when you have semi fresh players getting a feel for cabals and want them to explore a new area of the mud and teach them as well instead of them getting pk'd and full looted everyday.. well.. that's just how people lose interest.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Someone delete this post in it's entirety. This is not a fair representation of the MUD (I hope.) I feel like I am in preschool, and it's disgusting.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Dav:
The problem that I can see is this:
1. You have an issue with people giving out their characters on the log board--that's fine, you're entitled to be annoyed by whatever you want.
2. That being said, as far as I know, giving out your char on the log board is not against the rules--you said to look at the helpfile extract, which says nothing about behavior outside of the game. If 'do not drop your roleplaying standards at any time' is meant to extend to the logboard, then that rule definitely needs to be clarified. And/or 90% of the posts on the logboard should lead to punishment.
3. If you do want to make it a rule that people can't give out their identities on the log board, then thats fine--you're the IMP, you make the rules, and I for one wouldn't be opposed to that particular rule. But you should make it clear.
4. It seems like in this particular instance, there is no evidence of Tyrdeth doing stuff OOC aside from the posting on the logboard. If there is other stuff, and you just don't want to make it public, then that also is fine, and I will withdraw any commentary. But so far, you seem to have said the offense was posting his character.
5. Whether or not you talked to him before about posting his char is pretty much irrelevant--if its not against the rules, and other people are allowed to do it, then it shouldnt be off limits to him or anyone else. The point of rules is to have a generally enforceable set of limitations.

As I am in the legal field, I will use an analogy to the law. A police officer sees someone who he knows has been convicted of crimes in the past protesting the government in a public area. He goes over to the person, and tells him to be quiet. The guy says no, it is my First Amendment right to do this, other people are allowed to do it, and continues to protest. The police officer arrests him.
It doesn't matter that the man was a convicted criminal in the past, nor does it matter that the police officer warned him about his behavior. What matters is that he was punished for doing something that, under the law/rules, he is allowed to do.

Sorry for the long post, and sorry to contribute to keeping this comment mess going. All things considered, Dav, you have done more for this MUD than 10 of me (or of most other people). Overall, I think you have been very fair, and very good at what you do. Its just that in this case it seems you are in the wrong. Just my opinion--take from it what you will.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject:

Craginoth wrote:
dude no matter how drunk I get I never type like that. Wasted.

Oh Slade, the thing with Lothgar and Jabe(Bameche) is, we played so long together that I got a feel for when he was going to be around, plus I sent notes to Legions telling them to come around at a certain time (i.e. mid day, late day, yada yada) so I roleplayed it as well as kept it in game. I was also pulling 9 hour days on mud then too so.. And yes, I disliked Grekku's char because he was a complete tool when it came to Legion affairs. I can understand how people see it as a "coincidence", but I don't get how you sling OOC when you have an active cabal because you take the time to equip your Legions and protect them so they aren't getting mopped all over the place. I understand that it's not my duty to protect people within a cabal like that, but when you have semi fresh players getting a feel for cabals and want them to explore a new area of the mud and teach them as well instead of them getting pk'd and full looted everyday.. well.. that's just how people lose interest.

Err, i usually never typo THAT much when drunk either, i may mistape a letter or something, but i guess i was pretty wasted, can't even remember logging on here, i guess i couldn't sleep due merry-go-round in my head.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject:

Not gonna lie but that's exactly it Rezakhan. That was by far the most intelligent unbiased post I've seen.

Well Dav. Where's the apology to pip and how are you going to make things right?

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject:

Dav doesn't owe pip anything, quite frankly. Antagonizing him is not going to get you anywhere. Period. So just stop.

0 0 0
Garion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject:

Its over and done with. In his position he does not HAVE to explain anything. Frankly its his game, if he doesnt want someone here he can stop them from coming, whether it is biased or not. Who cares? Its over and done with, time to move on.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject:

Garion wrote:
Its over and done with. In his position he does not HAVE to explain anything. Frankly its his game, if he doesnt want someone here he can stop them from coming, whether it is biased or not. Who cares? Its over and done with, time to move on.

Exactly.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject:

Sure, that'll make a great closing argument "its his game and he can do whatever I want".. way to back me up Groq. I'm really glad you've stepped up to defend me from these guys after everything we've been through together.

Pip only gets special treatment because of his extremely bad record. He's basically a bitch now because he has offended far beyond sitebans. He can't be *caught* putting a foot wrong because, he knows, that's game over for him. If there was a pyramid of cheaters, pip is hanging out at the top with his rage-deleter pal(s) from Georgia (he alleges he has 2 best friends playing - I stress "alleges" strongly). So as far as I am concerned any time I have a clear opening at pip I will not overlook that. Its as deserving as it gets. He's got more offences than there are Chings in the Chinese phonebook. Its not personal, I *still* allow him to play and have the same opportunities as everyone else, but he has to cover his crack more carefully because I'm ready for trouble. He would still be Forsaken right now if he hadn't shit in his pants again.

But regardless of all that, if I received complaints in game about *any* cabal leader of this nature, they would be gone from that position in minutes. We have only decided to start "waiting" for complaints in game because of whiners, gloves are off whenever we finally get one. With all this hardcore non-OOC noise we made about cabals, the last thing we need is OOC knowledge floating around about the cabal leaders. Its just so blatantly in the public eye and that's why the complaint happened. That is a "role model" kind of character, its no longer a character you can just tool around and nobody minds, everyone is looking at you expecting to be looking at an exceptional performance. This, isn't.

Rem, why dont you tell us about some of those "unfair denys " you've suffered. You like to flap your mouth. Maybe you bothered to log what I told you especially about multikilling. I assure you I remember that conversation. BTW, you weren't unbanned (that's permanent), you've just had a change of ISP, so you're on eggshells as it is with me.

Dispater, why don't you tell everyone about how "really unfair" your last ban was, say what you did that caused you to land 18 sitebans on shell accounts all over the world. Your "friends" that dont post on the forums have still not bothered to complain about theirs.. still waiting for any proof I have made a mistake.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject:

why do we let rem post still? I mean really. STFU.

you are the most annoying assuming idiot cock ass I have ever met in my life. Your arguments are stupid, make both sides irritated with you, and simply jump straight to whatever bandwagon you want to hop on without really ever hearing anything of opposing thoughts or arguments. So, if you would be so kind as to shut the fuck up, I, and everyone else on the forum, would be greatly appreciative.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject:

TheOneAndOnly wrote:
Someone delete this post in it's entirety. This is not a fair representation of the MUD (I hope.) I feel like I am in preschool, and it's disgusting.

Seriously. What potentially new players are going to want to play here after they read this? Dav? Vanisse? Anybody? Someone please delete this garbage.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject:

stop shitting all over the forums because i do not want to clean it up.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Dav, i humbly admit of fucking up and cheating more than anyone else in this mud. But, the guy who played Faesran/Monten, didn't really give a shit about getting banned, he started to play strongly upon my initation and me soaping him into playing again. He played Shughurd, Duergar shaman in the past, but then i jacked his forum account when i got banned and then got that one banned too, so i doubt he even bothered trying with a new account.

Brunnu was a character that Bhurak played, but i knew his pword so i also logged on when i felt like i needed to for various reasons, ranking etc.
He got banned too and was like "wtf", but he didn't cared much either, because also, he played because i soaped him into being my OOC groupmate and promised him fortunes on level 50. He's a damn drunkard irl and he don't really play any MUDs anymore (used to be a bigger addict than me).

Me personally, care, because AR has always been a part of my life, i'm an addict, i admit it. It is too late for me now to show my different side, i guess i got the feeling of "untouchable" when noone cared to ban my multi-chars. Now if i could turn back time, i would try to make a serious character without any cheating, it almost feels challenging.

That's all i have to say about my bans and my friend's bans.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
stop shitting all over the forums because i do not want to clean it up.

I have a rolled up newspaper you can borrow, Van.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject:

Who says I even play AR? I'm still banned actually.

Dav wrote:
Quote:
See ya in another week when I bother logging in again.

Hey.. Dav. Why don't you follow through on your word and login in another week. You pointing the finger at me whenever you can't come up with a decent reason for your actions is getting kinda weak.

It's like the United states of idiots pointing the finger at Iraq instead of focusing on how shitty their own country is.

Anyways, Im not the only person who thinks what Dav did was wrong.

I can quote more then 5 other people. Even you Baer.

0 0 0
Craginoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of everything, this is something that doesn't really matter. Most of us took this as an opportunity to take a stab at Davairus, given how right or wrong he is in this situation, and turned a representative thread into a poo flinging contest. This thread has shown the true colors of some of our players, and it also shows our different opinions about different things, but we still have one thing in common - we love to play AR.

I just wanted to post this to say that there are no hard feelings, and it's just a game. Even though I put 300+ hours into Tyrdeth, the bitching and bad image just isn't worth it. for all of us. I've paid for my past cheating for countless years, and it just seems like no matter the effort put in, I'm just another person Dav get's a hard on for busting. But that's what I get. I am just an example to not cheat and enjoy the game for what it is. I didn't make this post to talk shit, I made it to commemorate all the hard work that Dav and other Imm's have done to make this mud the way it is, because the way I see it is, I only have 300 on one character, but how many hours have they put in for us? Countless.

So here's to say that all new players reading this - give AR a chance, the game is fun, active and if we all strive to be better players then we can make this an even better mud than it already is.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: