Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Set Lists (Remember the Rules)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:17 am    Post subject:

The issue with outdated id not showing up is because the ID becoming outdated depends on the item actually changing, not on its ID formatting changing. if today I changed the formatting of ID of vulpine guile somehow to say "Set bonus: enhances dodge" that does change the ID but does not actually change any of the items in the set. we only md5 the ID when it is inserted, and that md5 is then tracked on prototype items, and we dont insert a new ID until the md5 changes on the prototype. So the only way to fix is to either force change the md5 in the codex or on the items. I believe this was a recent issue with psi enhance gear, and then also the exotic weapons, maybe? I dont remember. We might've already fixed them, in all honesty.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:24 am    Post subject:

In the beginning the world was a mystery and rare items rare to see. You had had no idea what was good or that the mob you normally killed could have a rare item.

Getting ganked you would be like, look at his fancy armor, that guy is cheating. Now we don't think twice about coveted armor from Mahn-Tor.

Then came invokation net, then the codex, now entitlement.

Joking aside some mystery is good and I got a lot of crap for sharing set info in the beginning. As game is now mostly focused on pvp the last 10 years we have little mystery left.

Personally I love the codex but there is still fun in discovery. When you equip a bag of leperous pus, you catch the plague. That's like instant karma as disease is only effective against avian (more or less).

The game really needs tiers of play, newbs then people who can get more kills then death's, then elites.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 am    Post subject:

Bro, there are rarely enough people on to fill a 3 man group at my play times. The tiers would each have 3 people in them.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:26 am    Post subject:

Grayden brings up some great points. Part of the allure of this game is that there's so much to explore and things to try out. Stiehl is right also because we're all adults and we have to make the most of our time, that means making an informed choice about how we spend our gaming time. This is unsurprising, pretty much every game out there has been data mined and theory crafters have put together best in slot lists and the "optimal way" to play the game. Min maxing is fun for some and not for others...

As far as a tiered system... I don't know how that would work or even if its feasible. In some ways we sort of have that with caballed characters.

Steering us back on topic... Sets that you can combine with other sets. Colors of wizardry and raiment's of asylum. Definitely worth checking out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject:

so there is a set that will grant you slow if you stop moving?!?!?! Mind blown. This kind of thing is a game changer, and at the same time refreshes my wants to look/explore, it also saddens me that some newbie somewhere might have kept playing instead of quitting, if they knew of that possibility. But seriously, I gotta go try and assemble this thing!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: