Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

protection/ac nonsense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voltron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Fireballe2 wrote:
Paladins are not hard to kill. Outdamage them and lag skills.

Isn't that exactly how you kill any class? Come on Fireballe2, you're being a little bit of an idiot lately. You can't just throw out obvious stuff like that with the tone that it's so easily achieved. It was so simple to just "outdamage them" then no one would need your "advice" anyways.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Fireballe2 managed to miss the entire point of this thread...

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

Is THAT how you win fights Fireball? You out damage them? Holy shit, no wonder I die so much.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I know. it's a tough concept right? Wink

0 0 0
Vayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

If I understand correctly, actually managing to hit harder than them is the problem. Amirite?

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Take magical damage weapons. there's less AC to get through. higher average and higher dam. They don't have as many defenses, so treat them like a mage. Stack dam and forgo HR. Then just dual wield against them and bash/trip to lock them down.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Fireballe2 wrote:
Take magical damage weapons. there's less AC to get through. higher average and higher dam. They don't have as many defenses, so treat them like a mage. Stack dam and forgo HR. Then just dual wield against them and bash/trip to lock them down.

Until I see you with a character in the graveyard with a 20-0 record against paladins, I'm just going to write off your own generalizations.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I tried to help. You don't even have to take my word for it, you can test it once and then see if it sucks or not, recall, and then say I'm full of shit.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Fireballe2 wrote:

Magical weapons have LOWER averages than non-magical. There are only a few magical weapons over average 24, and most are unique. Paladin unholy armor means that the AC vs magic isn't as low compared to slash/bash/pierce as other classes have, and paladins have totally fine defenses when using a two handed. I'm not sure where you are getting your information...

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Fireballe2 wrote:
I tried to help. You don't even have to take my word for it, you can test it once and then see if it sucks or not, recall, and then say I'm full of shit.

So you want me to do all the leg work of proving your point for you? Sounds legit.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Fireballe2 wrote:

Until I see you with a character in the graveyard with a 20-0 record against paladins, I'm just going to write off your own generalizations.

Don't say that. He just doesn't make a character to kill all the paladins because it wouldn't be fair. he knows so many hidden AR secret strategies, like outdamage them and trip

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject:

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Fireballe2 wrote:

So you want me to do all the leg work of proving your point for you? Sounds legit.

Hey, I gave you some sound reasoning behind the alternative weapon and reason to pull out damroll stacking over hitroll. It's okay if you don't want to listen. Wink

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject:

Ironically, while the magic weapon suggestion is invalid for paladins due to holy armor, it works very well on most other classes, if you can find a magic weapon of high average. Lol

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject:

given the chance to bypass 8-10% of their damage reduction, why wouldn't you?

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject:

Because without stating the mechanics behind how weapon damage scales, going from an average 20 dangerous dagger (pretty common rare dagger) to an average 16 fiery dagger could be a straight 20% reduction.

Making these claims without providing the background information that supplement/verify the validity of these broad claims (e.g. wielding a magic weapon will bypass 8-10%, implying that you gain a straight 8-10% in DPS) in the face of demonstrably skilled players, i.e. Mkatos saying it's not as simple as wielding magic vs. non-magic, but rather that average damage, a/c, and a slew of other factors matters, makes you look like a loud-mouthed simpleton. This is why not 1, not 2, but many (if not a majority) of the current playerbase is calling you out.

Quote:

The burden of proof is on you to show that you're not full of shit, not on everyone else to prove that you're not full of shit. I am more than happy to assume you're full of shit until you can demonstrate otherwise.

"When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject:

Haha, I actually agree with something Clifton said T.T

And +1 to Olyns picture haha

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject:

Clifton wrote:
This is why not 1, not 2

Lebron agrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqXDEPu6v8

0 0 0
Miley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject:

Good luck outdamaging a paladin as an evil race.

You have to use your surprise element, especially as a ninja.

Strike at the right moment (spell don't last forever) and use your dirt (not vs half-elves, it didn't ever work profitable) or blindness dust against them, if it does not land, do not fight. You can not expect to win straight toe to toe fight as a goddamn ROGUE against a heavy tank with formidable cannonpower.

Hide & Seek is your best friend.

(I actually laughed when Fireballer said to outdamage a fucking paladin Very Happy)

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject:

Outdamaging a paladin is easy. Just play a DK.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: