Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Cabal mechanics updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 am    Post subject: Cabal mechanics updates

The following changes are in effect to promote more interesting, fair and fun and less tedious cabal raid and retrieval mechanics:

* cabal powers now drain gradually over time instead of an all-or-nothing experience. if you login with your item capped, this loss begins to "catch up" with the situation, at the same pace as if you were playing when it capped, so nobody gets unfairly screwed by offline capping
* cabal power drainers (i.e. shopkeeper you give the item to) will now be flanked by two guardian mobs once the item is handed to it. these prevent the shop from being killed and must be dealt with first. Spending time by these as a member of the same cabal causes them to dismiss, one mob per member.

cabal drain tiers
-----------------

initial cap
-> player can no longer confine in their own cabal
-> any mobs that attack flags stop auto-attacking. that will include cityguards, gate guards, valour guards, cabal guardians
-> most flags (deathmark/anathema/etc) may no longer be used
-> anything that capitalizes heavily on flags (ensnare/abduct is all i can think of) is disabled right away
-> weekly challenge is disabled
- city minions no longer attack with cabal item capped (initial cap). previous attacking was actually a bug that never got fixed.

tier 1 (10 mins later)
-> any other skill intended for rank 3+ cabal member is now disabled

tier 2 (15 min after tier 1, so 25 mins from cap)
-> buying from shops is disabled, but quaffing/etc will still work

tier 3 (15 min after tier 2) - terminal stage
-> all remaining cabal powers are now all turned off
-> cabal defender potions / cure potions if any will now finally stop working
-> townguards, gate guards etc despawn and will not repop

Motivation of these updates:
-> the main idea is to give an incentive to get the item back quickly instead of a player just waiting 45 mins without making any attempts
-> similarly the guardians save the "capturer" the chore of standing next to the mobs so that they can get in on the action before an easy retrieval (if they get there in time)

things that did not change
- possession still works as always
- i did not mess with cabal bank functions (didnt even look at them)
- i did not make cabal equipment vanish, as presumably it will rot
- any cabal power affects continue to stay in affect until they wear off
- i did not mess with the "cabal mercenary"
- justice deputize stays the same
- the wanted flag continues to always work

Other minor notes
- lots of cabal powers had no missing item check at all, across cabals. most of these if not all have hopefully been addressed. report what you see still wrong
- each time the drain goes up a tier, the capturing cabal gets another round of cabal points to reward it

3 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: