Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The Mystics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I've suggested that before, Viggs... both jokingly and in seriousness.

I don't think the IMMs are gonna go for it though...

My trade-off was this: once you become a Herald, you can't wear rare/unique items anymore. I figured it was more than fair.

Guess not though... oh well...

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject:

I'm not going to dignify most of that with a response, Clifton.

Blah wrote:
Avendin, shut the fuck up man. When you're a herald, you get bitched at in game, out of game, when you're sleeping, and then people'll still try to fuck you up the ass.

You think I don't know that? I played a Herald for a year consecutively, and I was attacked by people from every cabal (yes, including Knights). Have a thick skin.

Blah wrote:
I picture Heralds as prestigious people in the background of the Elite of the Era

rofl

Blah wrote:
I view cabal imms as mentors and supports checking in and promoting when people are ready. I think a cabal should hold its own and go about its duty as is required.

Not when the cabal is filled by newbies, doesn't have an experience mortal leader, doesn't have a distinct mandate (like all the other cabals do), requires Immortal assistance to accomplish duties (i.e. Mystique), etc, etc. Where's Chro when you need her.

Blah wrote:
Not everyone can donate an hour or five of their day to AR ... and hope no one gets punished or booted for realizing real life exists.

Heralds more than any other cabal has an OOC activity policy. Read the scrolls on the table in the Study. Cabal immortals should not be immed unless they can devote serious time to the game.

Blah wrote:
Cease your INCESSANT WHINING!

You are blowing this entirely out of proportion. 3 people get pissed at you in character/OOC and suddenly you feel the entirely playerbase not only hates you but hates Heralds. I love the cabal, I just don't like the current membership because of rants like this one OOC, and incompetence IC.

-- mea culpa --
Had Sebryn's name in my clipboard, and didn't notice it when I copy/pasted.

Last edited by Avendin on Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject:

Uh Avendin, everything you jsut quoted was wrote by yours truly, not Sebryn.

And Davairus, huh? I mean this in all honesty, please clarify the RP eq part. Do you mean worn or just tailor made stuff or combat eq?

0 0 0
aidan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I think Heralds should, after induction, not be allowed to wear rares or uniques and be given a skill that allows them to restring their own equipment. Restrung equipment would become rotdeath and would obviously come with some restrictions so it wouldn't be abused by making nonsensical or obscene restrings. And make it -highly- discouraged to pk a Herald. As in, you would need a VERY good RP reason to attack them.

I think the restring equipment skill would encourage RP a bit more and not really give them much of an advantage either. You wouldn't really be able to tell what they were really wearing but you shouldn't be attacking them anyway.

Just a thought, even though its totally off topic.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject:

You want to give these newbies restring power? Whoa, there!

0 0 0
Graves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Ahahaha Ridiculous

Ahahaha ridiculous. Its hilarious how the Heralds are supported and accepted for just doing some crappy roleplay, gossip mongering, and some basic songs/story writing when the Mystics duties were all that and more. Even funnier is the same repeated cabal history between Heralds and Mystics. You want to know the main reason why Burzuk is so against Mystics? Its because the Mystics became aggressive in the first place. I mean, if you look back at the first age, then before the Great purge, you'll see that Mystics has always been the punching bag for every cabal not to mention the Legion's chained bitches. And for once, for the first time ever, the Mystics grew some fangs and attacked back. They gained some independence and sadly, was destroyed.

What I don't get is that some people are saying the Heralds is a great cabal, and the Mystics were practically useless and insignificant. Look for once and you'll see that the Heralds' duties now are but a minor part of the Mystics cabal. Their ideal duties are basically the quarter duties of the Mystics. So maybe the Mystics should have done alot less huh? Also for those exceptions in Heralds right now i.e. Jagure, Taleroth, etc. , they would never have been in Heralds if the Mystics were given as an option for them.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Avendin wrote:
You are blowing this entirely out of proportion. 3 people get pissed at you in character/OOC and suddenly you feel the entirely playerbase not only hates you but hates Heralds.

Where do you see me taking this as a personal attack, it's been three+ pages of flame heralds hasn't it? Instead of acknowledging that the things I've said do happen, you disregard it as me blowing steam. Common man, I'm just throwing out what I've seen and what I think.

Avendin wrote:
Heralds more than any other cabal has an OOC activity policy. Read the scrolls on the table in the Study. Cabal immortals should not be immed unless they can devote serious time to the game.

If nothing else, that's just conceited. Most cabal imms are in college. They've got work, studying, and various sorts of projects that are thrown at them. Why toss out competent imms that need some time off in exchange for high schoolers like Mullet that do have "serious time to devote to the game".

Avendin wrote:
Not when the cabal is filled by newbies, doesn't have an experience mortal leader, doesn't have a distinct mandate (like all the other cabals do), requires Immortal assistance to accomplish duties (i.e. Mystique), etc, etc. Where's Chro when you need her.

So now, because you aren't in it, the cabals filled by newbies? Egotistical ain't it Mr. Yearlong Herald. The mandate is a problem. Also, we've been asking the same thing, "Where's Chro?" so we can publish the mystique that's been on hold for weeks.

Avendin wrote:
rofl

Fine, no need to contest that.

Avendin wrote:
You think I don't know that? I played a Herald for a year consecutively, and I was attacked by people from every cabal (yes, including Knights). Have a thick skin.

You must've mistaken this comment; you were talking about seperating IC and OOC, I was talking about the difficulty because you get complained at in game and out of game.

and if you
Avendin wrote:
just don't like the current membership because of rants like this one OOC, and incompetence IC.
Do something about it.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I can only do two things: make a Herald or condeath the current ones. You're lucky I don't want to do either.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject:

::hands Avendin some Mydol:: Take it and shut up. The Heralds are a punching bag for no damn reason. Etheir it needs to be VERY bad to attack them, and let the IMMs sort out the rares, or they can be Aggresive. Also, a lot of the Heralds I see with rares, get them from helping other people go through Winter to get even better things thatn the Heralds have. You think shit magically falls into their laps bub? It dosen't. Also, if Heralds weren't decked, they would be attacked as easy targets. People attack them now because of G.W.B.S.(Greedy Whiny Bitch Syndrome) ex.: Herald A has piece of equipment Player B wants, Herald A dosen't give them equipment to him, because he worked for it, and needs something to fend off attacks. Player B then attacks Herald A for being a bitch hoarder. The two outcomes are Herald A looses, and just re-equips, or Player B looses and complains that Herald A is aggro because after being attacked he gave chase and fought back. Shut up. Give 'em a break.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject:

Before the Heralds used to be punching bags, I don't know about know because I have never seen it. As Groq I never attacked a Herald, good align, neu, or evil I never did. They were there to right about me and what I was doing in Legion not to be picked on. Then again I was decked and had no reason to attack them for anything. The only other reason any legionairre I knew when I was leading that attacked a Herald was Kragon to get gear from Thibeus. I don't care either way, have gear or not, but having gear will make you a bigger target. Or atleast that is what I have seen in my experience.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject:

i don't see how an evil, especially a legion would ever have a reason not to attack good aligned heralds.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject:

Maybe it will make sense as this: I view all heralds as basically neutral, unless they act aggro to my chars. That is what I think Groq seems to be saying, if I am correct? Or that he had no need to attck them. For instance, do you poke a sleeping dragon in the eye with a fire stick? NO! Heralds dun bother you, leave 'em alone. Or just leave alone period, not liek they're trying to kill you, save a few.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject:

Ellora was the only good align herald around when I was in anywho I believe. Why attack her if she doesn't stand up for anything that is good anywho. She just sits and writes, doesn't bother me, isn't a Knight seeking my head or doing anything really to stand up for good aligns. No point in killing a Herald in my view unless for gear.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject:

A new mystique is due out? I retired my Herald because my 4 - 5 hours of work were thrown in a dust bin because the Mystique was never made.

Maybe its time to get the Herald out of retirement.

Whats this I hear about Heralds being picked on?

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject:

Aww Geez, no Res, don't. I mean, Lydana just inducted you for the attention it'd draw. It's like letting Michael Jordan playing baseball. They didnt do it because he was good, they did it for the attention. I read some of your stuff dude, it was self-centred without being funny in a self-centred sort of way. That's what we in "The Biz" call unintentionally pathetic. Sure, all of us who find a niche race/class want to be known for more then just being semi-decent with a single niche/race class. I'm sure you and Naydra both have plenty of poetry you'd like to share with us. Maybe even some attempt at being witty that'd you'd like to pass along. But you're like that backstreet boy who tried to go solo. Without the other 3 or 4 gay members(in this case we'll substitute members with sexually molested golems and zombies) you're just one nobody. You're like the blue power ranger without the other four. Together you form to combine somebody. By yourself a group of 3 power putties are gonna slap you down. Bruce Willis couldn't sing the blues, Macho Man Randy Savage couldn't rap, and goddamnit, you don't have one single creative and entertaining bone in your body. Roll a new avian necro if that's what you need to do. You need an agent or a manager there to tell you to stick to what you're good at. Just put any thoughts of making a funny out of your head damnit. You don't see Burzuk trying to be personable do you? That's because he knows he's a nazi at heart and trying to be friendly and outgoing would seem a hollow mockery of his true self.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject:

Like damn. That was an overreaction if I have ever read one. Ever heard of RP?

I had articles in one Mystique, but for the life of me, I dont know what they were, but I can tell you, they were non-fiction. Well, in a fictional world, it was just digs at the Knights I think. If you think all I play are avian necros, you are quite wrong. I've done very well with any character I have gotten to level 50. Sure they are all pk'ers at heart, but all are distinctly different. My necros tend to be self centered because they are SOLOISTS.

I went through the application process for Heralds just like anyone else. At the time I went through it, you could go from another cabal to Heralds, but that was it. If I recall, I joined at the behest of the Gnomish master to take over the world, and I was his slave to do his every whim for the good of the Gnome nation.

Dont quit your day job.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_buzzcut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject:

Vertas if it wasnt for you... I wouldnt hate anymore except adebaldi. And dav. hahahah. I almost missed your retarded and no brain posts. Hahahahahah. Yeah mystics didnt do shit...I think they shoulda kinda banded with Legion cuz thats pretty much what they were. Except they seemed to kick a bit more ass than legion. Shrug. Hahahah. Vertas. orders. HAHAHAHHAH.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Phostan you dork, I just realized that was you flaming me. I was in Heralds to fuck around with the Gnome Nation you retard, as you well know. And my writing skills are about 90 times better than yours, your shit in the herald was the same stupid gnome jokes over and over.

Give your head a shake and think before you open your mouth.

About me being a nobody, you are just jealous that I kick your ass with any class I use, loser.

Oh and are you enjoying your 3rd and most permanent siteban? Thought so. When you go postal, make sure you get your whole head in front of the shotgun.

0 0 0
Blood_Demon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Mytics...

Back to what this post is really about, the imms have posted various things here, so I'm sure they've read it, so I'll ask. What is the -real- reason for not reintroducing the mystics if there are such good ideas being offered? The nega-warlord idea seems flawless to me, so...? Some feedback Dav, if ya would?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject:

When the immortals have no desire to work on a project it won't be worked on. Players needs matter. You want to have a fun game, right? Well, mystics isnt a fun cabal. Its cabal sit around and spam. Look through the suggestions people made for a new mystics cabal, and analyse. They are just rehashes of other cabals. This is repetition of what exists. We don't need another cabal to sit in the background and tweak things to create intrigue. We don't need another cabal to show the ignorant/weak that magic is all powerful. We don't need another cabal to show that solo fighting with magic only is the best way to live. We don't need another cabal to hunt evils down and kill them. This is all catered for, so how about just give it a rest. The mystics are through.

AR is lacking a couple things and we're working on that, and we're also trying to cut dead-weight from the game, as well as downsizing because we dont' have the playerbase for all these cabals. Just because you are bored with AR and wanting back old stuff you're nostalgic over, dont mean its the right thing to do. Look at what bringing back market square did. It just didnt work, a novelty that once it wore off the old problems it caused being in the game were all that was left behind, and it will be back in a rut. There are brighter days ahead, but mystics won't be in them.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: