Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Ideas

I think that It'd be a good idea to show that you're not wearing something.

<worn on ears> nothing.

Another. Don't show things you've already practiced.

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Taking away things I already practiced would be taking away my skills. I check that list all the time to see if i'm not using somthing that I shhould be

0 0 0
RaisinBread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

First-fantasy wrote:
I check that list all the time to see if i'm not using somthing that I shhould be

Not the skills list, but the prac list.

So when you see your guildmaster and do 'prac', you don't see a bunch of things you've already practiced.

I'd leave the skills command as it is, but knock things out of the prac command results.

0 0 0
First-fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject:

I know exactly what List you are talking about...I use the prac list.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject:

What about an "unprac" command, or some such.

Where it shows all skills under 75% and the skills you're not able to train yet say N/A, so you know what you've left to get?

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject:

Anyone want to answer?

I know you few did, but there's not much you can do.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject:

I think that we should be able to have a command to erase those things we dont want to practice from the "PRACTICE" command.

like kick 1% sideswipe 80%
trip 80% recall 100%

would be sideswipe 80%
trip 80% recall 100%

"PRACTICE(NAME OF SKILL)" to remove it from your practice list
This would work for the above as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ideas

Jamus wrote:
I think that It'd be a good idea to show that you're not wearing something.

<worn on ears> nothing.

Another. Don't show things you've already practiced.

I think it be good to show new players what slots are unused. Even if you are not new, its still easy to miss an empty slot from time to time.

Personally, I'd vote having the 'prac' command just display skills and spells that are under 75%. ie display what you can practice rather than what you have already practiced.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject:

What about to see what it is at when you train it? If the prac items are gone then you cant see them, I would vote for a command to make the ones you want invis when you type "prac".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I also think that it would be a great help to manny to have the unused spots shown so people know how much else they can auctually wear. and maby make it so you can wear more than one type of earring and not two identical ones at a time.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Reken wrote:
I also think that it would be a great help to manny to have the unused spots shown so people know how much else they can auctually wear. and maby make it so you can wear more than one type of earring and not two identical ones at a time.

Yeah, that would make sense, and why can you only wear two rings? I think that should be changed...anyone else?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I believe the roleplaying reason you can only have two rings is because in ad&d rings are so powerful that it was considered too unsafe to wear more than one on each hand. The gameplay reason of course is we have a certain power allotment planned out for equipment - if we added more slots we'd have to have weaker items to compensate for them. This would make a lot of people angry.

Wow, I just had this daydream where I had to get 4 opal rings. It lasted for like 30 minutes. That sucked.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Hmm.. just thinking.. ten fingers (if you include thumbs).. 10 of those rings from the gnome village that cast vampiric touch.. yum.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject:

[off topic]

i've only ever seen one person to wear rings on their thumbs and it was my weird french-canadian "i am ze olivier" lab instructor who can't speak coherent english and still insists on explaining every. step. of. lab. for over an hour.

je suis absolument convaincue qu'il était, dans sa vie passé, un mouton. Rolling Eyes

[/off topic]

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject:

Smile

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject:

If this is for ideas, I have a few.

Surge.
exp really really sucks a lot when you have four or more people, could'nt surge also allow a larger group of people to rank together? More people would benefit instead of being left out. Not saying it should be as much as 3 person group, but at least 75% as good. Surge would be an even greateer way to stimulate players to play at once increasing everyones contact with eachother and therefore the two aspects of this game. RP/PK.

Newbie flag.
heard this idea tossed around somewhere else. My solution would be to allow only newbie flaggeds to kill eachother. with newbie flag rares that meltdrop or non-newbie pickup drop, if some non newbie flagged happens to get it from monster corpse. This would give newbies a taste of how rares work, as well as intensifying their PK with eachother.

Also could allow newbies to attack non newbies aggresively while non newbies can only kill in defense, never aggressively. if theyre non newbie they should do that pretty well anyway, and it would give newbies a chance to test themselves without fear of aggressive attacks from non newbie flaggeds.

When they are able to kill 4 non newbies of equal rank(at whatever rank theyre at) or higher, they lose the newbie flag and will lose equipment once they logout, so they get one session to reequip with normal equipment.

0 0 0
Blarg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

The thing that always bothered me is the light equipment slot. When you're using a weapon and a shield, is it a third arm that holds the light? I think it would be more appropriate for certain items to have a light flag or adjust the glow flag to produce enough light to see.

Btw, Dav is right that in D&D you can only wear one magic ring per hand, also most earrings of power need to be worn as a pair.

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Blarg wrote:
The thing that always bothered me is the light equipment slot. When you're using a weapon and a shield, is it a third arm that holds the light? I think it would be more appropriate for certain items to have a light flag or adjust the glow flag to produce enough light to see.

Btw, Dav is right that in D&D you can only wear one magic ring per hand, also most earrings of power need to be worn as a pair.

i see what you mean but if you think about it most of the items can be strapped to your back or hung from a belt and would work the same as if you held it. or some of the items you would ned to assume that it would float around you ex. ball of fire

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

As far as the lights go... imagination is key here. Some can be considered "floating around you" (ball of light, ball of fire, etc.) while others might need to be imagined as attached to your backpack or fastened somewhere to your armor (blood candle, lava lamp, etc.).

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

thats what i was trying to say. like a lava lamp would hang from your beltloop, or a candle sits on your backpack, etc

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: