Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

[IMPORTANT SHIATE] Look! (edited)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Banner is most suitable for advertising
Banner 1
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Banner 2
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Banner 3
82%
 82%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 28

Jamus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject:

5D - the font sucks. It looks like somthing out of Aladdin. The beginning fonts are better, I love the sweet runes at the bottom, the sword is weird looking, and isn't it, "You <b>will</b> never be the same"?

But then again, I don't really know what I'm talking about, or have a degree in design or anything like that.

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject:

Personally The bright shinyness of the add would just get the X right away from me because ALL the ads I see are like it. It is my favourite to I would say (5d) but I think 3 would get more clicks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Hrm. I did up the flash version, if anyone was wondering..

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:

link?

oh n/m http://magewares.net/thear/thear.html

ok so here are a few ideas for flash movement?

1st, bakground with sword (no letters) fadesin

2, abandoned realms text flies in from top left (but not all the way top left, just slightly, with similar angle to sword)

3, bottom letters come up with similar slight angle from bottom right and they just disappear for each transition

4, you will never be the same clears and abandoned realms text grows slightly larger or fades to different color (brighter yellow or maybe blacker bordering..)

?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Just an update. I sent an E-mail to the admin at TMC inquiring about buying an ad package. He sent me a response quickly but said I need to include a picture of the banner, which I'm certain I put in as an attachment since I sent a bcc of it to myself. But whatever, I sent him another E-mail with the banner imbedded as html, but havn't gotten a response from that yet. I went with 5d.

If I don't get a response back in a day or two I'm going to send another E-mail with just a link to it since this guy seems too retarded to figure out how to get pictures over E-mail.

Btw, I'd love to see any flash versions of the banner. That link Louis put up doesn't work for me. Also, I agree that I don't like the Aladinn-ish font. Can't you try the basic design of 5d with something more medeival and gothic instead of Roman or Alladdin-esque? Also, I like the sword from either 1 or 2 (preferably 2 though) more than the sword we have in 3 through 5. I think it would be cool to see that in the banner.

Last edited by divsky on Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject:

P.S. Thank you for the banners marsd

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Uh right okay. First gotta clear my brain by sleeping a tad.. feeling tarded doesn't help with not crashing Fireworks and Flash.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I just realised we have a problem. The flash banner's way overshot the size limit of 36kb. Divsky can you mail the ad man asking how it can be resolved?

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I would want to speak to an Imp first before going ahead and paying for advertising.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I already talked to dav.

Second, even if I didn't. Fuck them. They can control what I do on the mud, because it's their mud. They don't own TMC, and whether they like it or not, I, and the server TMC is hosted on, are in a free country with free speech. And I am free to advertise whatever the fuck I like outside of their mud.

They have absoloutly no rights over me outside of the mud. The only thing they could possibly do is if I was spreading libel, and I don't think those banners are libel.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject:

okay I was drunk when I posted that. But still, the point remains true.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Still no response from the TMC admin. And I've sent several E-mails. This guy really must not want an extra $200/month.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject:

If just one or two more people regularly clicked on that TMC voting link in the top right, we would be back on the front page again. Nearly as good as paying for advertising. Razz

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Typing in 3 codes is a hassle. I do the other two when able though.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject:

TMS-> Vote in -1hrs 41mins. (just clicked)

You last voted5week(s) ago. (ok well I havent used that one)

MPOG-> You last voted1week(s) ago. (just clicked)

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject:

I'm not paying $200/month for something I don't play anymore. If AR were to get its shit in line, then maybe.

Actually, maybe if we just ousted Burzuk. That would be good. I would gladly take up his "heavy burden" of $40/month server costs too.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject:

Probably threadjack, but divsky what did the nerfinator do to cause your falling out with AR?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject:

-My favorite class, thieves, got totally pwnt.

-Illusionists, necros and monks, other classes they I really like also got pwnt

-The racial vulns we have in right now are way over the top.

So eventually I was like, whatever, everything is fucked up except for warriors, berserkers, dkns and paladins. So I decided to make a warrior, try for warlords, and have fun just doing non-stop duels all the time.

Then I found out warlords can no longer fight to the stun, and I was like, fuck this shit. I'm out. Every bit of fun is being sucked out of this game.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Yeah those changes suck, but there are some new ones that are cool. They made a whole bunch of equipment that is chaotic_only. The chaotic weapons can do 'wild' attacks that either do 1.5x or .5x normal damage (I think). There is also a 'dice' system now, where you can buy/hold dice, and roll them with other players. A kind of cool way to decide who-gets-what for winter runs, or just a good way to gamble for coin with other people.

Monks are still pretty rocking right now, playing around on one and it can stand toe-to-toe with warriors/zerkers.

You're right about the vuln gimpage, but I think that is more related to the fact that disarmed weapons go to inventory now. No way for a warrior to get around vuln shit.

I'd say necros/thieves are gimped, but that still leaves a bunch of classes to mess around with..as long as they are human or half-elf.

Oh yeah there are a bunch of new legacies too, half elf warriors/rangers/bards each got 2 legacies, can't remember what they are though.

Might be worth taking a peek at? Give you something to think about when you're on guard duty!

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject:

If your monk hasn't reached 50 yet, you will see a difference then, perhaps. And if you have, good job on being able to play them. As far as everything else, I agree with Divsky.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: