Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Something to ponder
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kieros

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Something to ponder

Hello everyone, I have been thinking about this and just curious on the chances that this could happen. Would their be a way to rp to become a monk and possibly a warlord. I think rewarding the players who do well with an app class would be nice. I think the influx of being able to have a decent chance of getting a vamp, monk warlord due to great play would breathe a lot of interest into the mud. Also more set items would be cool, I think I know the majority of them, but the better ones seem to be geared for shamans only. Maybe get a few out their for other classes. As always these are just ideas, flame on!

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I think there are a lot of great aspects of this game that go unsung quite a lot, like the fact that Dav has striven for years to make it balanced. Monks didn't work the the combat mod, and were removed for messing up the game. One less class, but the game got better. More sets would be nice but there are plenty out there, there's a forum thread with lots of sets in it. Torments of hell is the one you're thinking of, and is a great set, but there are many others that are good for non-shaman classes.

In my opinion, we shouldn't bring back monks and warlords. They were taken away for reasons, and we have Keeper to replace warlord anyway.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I've felt for a while now that it was a mistake to remove Warlords. Taking out a long established part of the game that had become ingrained in the mythos didn't make much sense to me, especially how abruptly it was done and with no story or development behind it. Just bam gone. In my view it would have made more sense to tweak Warlords a bit to fit the niche Keepers now fill. The Warlords 'honor' mentality can mesh with taking out overpowered people and you wouldn't have lost a long-standing cabal. That's just my thoughts though, and hindsight is always 20/20. Bringing them back now wouldn't work and they certainly don't mesh with what is going on these days.

As for monks, I was under the impression that they were going to be reworked, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It's really a shame that we've lost 3 classes now and not really had much in the way of progress to replace them. I understand the reasoning for taking them out, but the way its been done gives the impression of decline rather than advancement.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why, if Monks were removed from the game, there are Monks (or at least 1) still in the game. I am sure there are not Warlords still kicking around, or were allowed to stay around. If Monks, Druids, Warlords, etc were removed from the game, do so in entirety, as that would be the most fair (balanced) thing to do.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Looking back it really does seem like it would be better to have those options, but Dav saw something bad about them. I trust Dav

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject:

Those with monks were allowed to keep them. all monks were made outcasts to hasten their condeaths I'd say. Reworked monks are just one more thing on the list of things to do.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject:

They were taken out but those that had them got to keep them. It's not fair to make people delete their characters just because of a choice made to take them out. There was a few druids for a while to. To hasten them dying they were made outcasted and such so they don't have protection in town. Re-working monks I believe is low on the list of things to do.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject:

Burzuk said he was going to do a makeover for monks , but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything, since his last post was 2 years ago..

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Burzuk said he was going to do a makeover for monks , but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything, since his last post was 2 years ago..

So, ..what is on the menu right now? I like surprises, but it's been a while. Can ya give us a vague idea of what's cooking in the kitchen since we can't smell?

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Judging by previous responses and such, I am guessing the kitchen fire is out and the cooking is done.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I know what's on the menu. more budget cuts, with a few fiscal bandaids to make it seem like the cuts weren't so bad ;P

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
Judging by previous responses and such, I am guessing the kitchen fire is out and the cooking is done.

I hate to say it. Enjoy it for what it is and not what it could be.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject:

ar is gay.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject:

Comments like that will get you banned.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject:

haaaa hahaha. Don't insult the primary implementors of the game. I guess that's what's being told.
Quote:

Mahkan Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ar is gay.

hahahahahahaha. with the declining pbase because of shitty staff implemention this is all that can be said:
Quote:

Davairus Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments like that will get you banned.

so Don't think outside the box people. Seriously an inactive programmer might one day years later see that people abandoned his mud for a mud that's exactly the same except implemented how it should be. Then he'll get angry and ban people who aren't even playing his mud anymore because they moved on to a mud that people actually code for and give a shit.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject:

wow someone has his panties in a bunch today

0 0 0
kieros

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject:

So Burzuk is the only person that can make changes to the mud, or is Dav too busy, I mean if the code was their for warlords why can't it be put back in for an app class same with monks with some sort of disadvantage like vamps have during the day. Everyone keeps talking about needed changes and I have yet to see a real reason why these things can't happen. I appreciate the balance here, but lets throw some fun into it as well. I do see a good amount of new players joining but I don't think the draw of legion justice knights or keepers will keep the new player long, the draw of becoming a vamp has kept me here for 10+ years even though I applied a few times and never made it and I still dream of the day. Please immplement my ideas for the sake of wet dreams of all mud sexy players out there

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject:

No. They were removed for a reason.

0 0 0
kieros

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Again my post was to create a situation to bring more excitment to this game with variety. I posted bring back monks with some sort of disadvantage like vamps have during the day. These are just ideas thats all I am not saying bring back monks like they were even though I wouldn't mind it cuz I only started playing again because I was hoping they would be brought back. ANd that was 2 years ago. When I spoke about not seeing a reason, I was talking about I do not see a reason why we cannot have more app classes. truth be told the majority of us won't be as good as dav or res but if you rp well and you can hold your own, you should have a decent chance at getting to have an app class. I just think with more variety will definately increase new p base and bring back lost addicts

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject:

The proof that this idea is dog shit lies in the fact that flies are crowding around it (Rem, Makhan)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: