Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Two people at same time/ banned?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Froggie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Two people at same time/ banned?

Walking into the library today I seen a fairly hott chick looking around her modem... I asked her what she was doing and she said "are you a library aid?" I said "no why?" and she showed me a usb port.. I laughed and asked what she was doing. She said trying to upload a game on the computer to pass the firewall. I told her that it wasnt going to work.. And proceeded to laugh softly. 5 minutes late she asked if I knew why.. I took the USB and said this is why. SHe didnt have the flash drive... just the port. That was freaking funny. I asked what game she was going to download and she said AR. Now any normal person not exposed to this addiction of abandoned realms would say AR? what the **** is that? But I said no **** I just started to play that.

Anyways. Now I read that if two people from the same server log in at the same time they get banned. Not to mention our posts are getting all f'd up because we just stay logged in. (to the forum) So is there anyway we can play together at the same time so one of us doesnt have to suffer the wait? Besides, I would love to play with her (Hi Tristen/saegen) rm 231 of gamma building. Stop by.
I have found out alot about JMC, and bought a correct usb to download it. Well for her to download it with the prompts already. for me. SO can we play at same time?

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

you'll never be able to group together especially now that you said you know the person, only thing you can do is go your own seperate ways with characters, which funnily enough is an OOC reason to avoid RP with another person(HAHAHAH). But if you pk/group together they'll consider you OOC group. Its hard to disprove you met a char at random in game if they are same IP so safest bet to find eachothers names and not to talk to eachother. Of course that just creates OOC reasons that influence those chars then.

If you crossed paths in game unknowingly even, if you have same IP and you start hanging around togethre, they'll ban you so just OOCly avoid it.

0 0 0
Froggie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

so dont get any advice from her? OOC means out of charecter right? SO no talking out of game about game?

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

as much as you like, you just cant be in the same mud room together.

Quote:
So is there anyway we can play together at the same time so one of us doesnt have to suffer the wait? Besides, I would love to play with her

Seemed like you wanted to group with her in game and that would be what I was talking about.

Last edited by gr8mage on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

We allow some restricted same-IP play.

* you are permitted to level together
* you are permitted to train together
* you are permitted to getting eq together
* however, you may NOT attack other players together

Remember to make convincing interactions in game so people who're watching can tell its two people, and not just one guy multiplaying. We can quickly reduce your site to one-connection-only if it becomes more trouble than its worth.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

WHich is OOC restrictions to RP, but what the hell, none of the whole enchilada makes sense anyway..

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:

We have the restriction for gameplay reasons. Two people sitting right next to each other on a LAN can just communicate vocally, while the people they fight have to deal with picking messages out in a whirlwind of text, and taking the trouble to type it. Its just wouldn't be fair.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:

AR teamspeak....

then you have OOC groups with teamspeak.

Yes it sucks very badly people cant be trusted to play fair. Only ruins fun and RP for everyone..

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Pointing out other ways to set up voice communication won't make the game more fun.

0 0 0
Static Impulse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I know and have indroduced a ton of people to AR. I talk about the game such as PKs I've done, items I've got, people that have PK'd me, and so forth. I have grouped with them, (don't think I've PK'd with them before except when someone attacked our group and I assisted...), and I've gave them tips on how to do things better in game. I'm pretty sure none of that is looked down upon or plain not allowed, but just to be sure I might as well ask. And I'm never playing on the same IP. They're playing on their comp in their house on their IP. Would there be ANY restrictions if they aren't in the same house? Besides calling them up saying "Dude, Legions got 2 on me. Log on and help."

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like you've acted responsibility to me. I don't see a problem with that.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Is this a third party confirmation that saegen is really female? Ummm Laughing

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

<threadjack>
Saegen never sent me pic.. i don't believe it's a she.
</threadjack>

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Dunno why you'd bitch about team speak, I've never heard groups of people on teamspeak pking other people. We've used it to do winter runs and gather eq, but not to pk people. Not saying that it will never happen but it hasn't been used that way so far.

If you get attacked by someone and your in a group with someone from your same ip, do you have to leave the group or can you attack them back if they've attacked you?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

well, that's not true. there was one time when it was Balaks, Ace_High, Kalist and I. We were going 2 on 2 style..

"hey kal.. you ready yet? Get your beating.."

But usually it's more like "Hey hamps sis! What're you wearing?"
"nothing"
"really? that's hot.."

and some more garbage singing and goofing around.. check out divsky's voice. we also have some kalist doing vanilla ice...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: