Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Immortals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilcleric4lyfe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Immortals

Greetings, if it is possible at all, i would like to speak with an immortal(possibly the leading imm) over AIM or yahoo. If this is possible replay to this and i will give you my screen names. This is concerning some ideas i have for the mud.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject:

There's an "Ask an Immortal" for topics like this, just FYI.

Might be easier to send a 'note to Immortal' with your contact info, or even easier to send an 'idea' in-game. I highly doubt you'll be getting an AOL Instant Messenger screen name from Burzuk or Davairus anytime soon, but good luck.

0 0 0
Andur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Actually, Immortals like it when you go to great lengths to track them down at home. Then, call them at 4am, because they're always up. Don't worry, if they hang up on you the first time, just keep calling. If you can't get through, go visit them at home. Keep in mind, these guys code and build for a living, so they're used to all the fans. The money they make sometimes goes to their head, so they might ignore you at first. But don't worry, stalk them enough, and they will eventually code in your ideas!

Laughing

The preceding sarcasm was brough to you by Kraft Cheese.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject:

if you have some ideas about the mud, just post them in the mockers tavern forum.

0 0 0
evilcleric4lyfe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:

it would be easier for me to talk to one. I understand if its not possible.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject:

You can write a note in game, you can email abandonedrealms@gmail.com you can post it here.

Not much else you can do. I dont think any Immortal will give out their AIM Screenname if they have one. I suggest you dont post yours, or else you will have 50 imposters.

0 0 0
evilcleric4lyfe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject:

ok i sent an e-mail.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I notice mortals RP'ing some with IMM's, particuarly caballed characters. At the same time IMM's deal with random noob questions and completely non-RP stuff as well.

Is there kind of a point where you are expected to stay RP with IMM's once you know what you are doing, or is it more of a cabal vs not thing? Sometimes I'll have random questions like if the way people cowardly use their cabal guardians and practically run away and non-defend their cabal is acceptable or not (not to get others in trouble, but to know that kind of thing for when I'm caballed which will likely happen with one of my next chars), why a certain obviously good mob is neutral, a skill question, whatever. Are random non-RP prays or tells like that welcomed? Just seems kind of awkward.

0 0 0
Jeradan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject:

Well as a general rule, IMMs are to stay in character when using any sort of public form of communication (IE. say, yell, cb, etc.). There are various channels where you can go OOC and ask a game question to an IMM (IE. pray, tell, newbie). Its just a matter of common sense. Another way to speak to an IMM OOC is if he or she feels the matter is important enough to transfer you to an IMM room.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject:

pray is OOC for the purpose of game-related questions
newbie chat is OOC for the purpose of game-related questions

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: