Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

How delusional are you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject: How delusional are you?

I recently tried the contra code to see if it would do anything.

Good luck all, time to close my file in this social experiment.

Thank you all who kept this game alive, sorry for any grief I caused and hope you all the best with your own addictions/delusions.

TTFN

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

what is contra code? and does this post mean you are quitting ar?

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:40 am    Post subject:

Old video game, up up down down left right...would get you thirty extra lives, but why I thought that might be Easter egg in AR is beyond me.

I think I am done logging in, but I am also delusional and easily addicted to things. If my paranoia that I am being cheated in this game is stronger than my addiction I may have a chance at cold turkey, but we are more likely to see new names running about.

Just in my own head too much and hard to beat a free game like AR.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:10 am    Post subject:

Wait..what? Didnt I name an overlord after one of your guys in arachnos? In which case, that should have been some reassurance, that you are valued here.. surely. Nobody's out to get you.

1 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 am    Post subject:

It's called the *Konami* code because it existed on another Nintendo Entertainment System game from the same company before it was added to Contra. I actually use a variant of it as the means of unlocking my cell phone.

Things I *have* done before include managing to teleport into what I think was Vevier's personal lair at one point through the Circus cannon, gating to a subarea where nobody could touch me (they could've tried summoning me out in theory but there was no connection from the main section of that area to where I ended up), acquiring a god's item (among other things) through the lucky bags in Valour, leveled at least one pet to level 50 (not a charmie and it wasn't the necromancer's ossuary), and summoned Zaikkra only for him to leave at the top of Mount Omedan before I could get to him.

Things I have *not* done but which I would if I felt like being super silly/paranoid include:

Typing in or vocalizing either of the following codes in game:

IDDQD
IDFKA

Attempting (and most likely failing) to do ALL of the commands I know which are usually restricted to Immortals only (I got a response of, "There is no need for you to do that." when I tried one at random)

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:29 am    Post subject:

The fk is this post about?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 am    Post subject:

If anyone is out to get anyone they are here to get me. I always enjoyed our interactions in game. Some how we always end up on the same side helping each other.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

@Merlandox This post is about mental health, take care of yourself, and sometimes it helps to write down your craziness and look at it.

@Davairus You have done a ton for me, even added static hp gains to adress my paranoia with hp gain. Thank you. It is definitely me not you, because I see a Storm and feel like I am getting screwed when likely something is being fixed.

@Blackwidow Also the same code unlocks cheats in title screen of MK3. One time I was stuck in Mahn-tor because the area was removed for updating after I logged out there. It was nuts. Did you know in the begging the shire and one ring was in this game?

@Ozaru We are birds of feathers. Try not to listen to that paranoia. If we learned anything from Kryton, most of the killing is just timing.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Writing down our craziness is essentially "journaling", which my shrink always suggests to me as work item #1 for when I'm trying to work through something. I highly recommend it!!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: