Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 7 hours.

"the fight continues"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  

"the fighting continues" like it or not?
Yes, I like it.
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
No, I do not.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Not quite certain, but leaning toward Yes.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Not quite certain, but leaning towards No.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
I don't give a damn either way.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject: "the fight continues"

We've had plenty of time to get use to this new mechanic that was implemented to tune-down flee/murder. I'm very curious what everybody thinks about it. It's a pain in the ass being blinded and continually fleeing and walking back into your opponent. It's also very nice when you have your opponent dirted, hobbled or on the ropes and they walk back into you. This mechanic has worked more in my favor than not and has made it easier for me to secure some kills. I haven't been killed because of it either.

Overall, I'm not sure I like it. For one, I think it favors fighter classes. Specifically those who can hobble, bash, or trip.

What do you guys think? Please leave a comment if you vote. It's not required of course, but is nice to see specific feedback from the players. Thanks.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:47 pm    Post subject:

So I have two ideas here; one: let it be for thieves/shadows/bards only.. some sort of skill they can toggle to chase people down. The second idea I have is to remove it entirely and add a two round cooldown for murder. But then you would have to rollback the murder changes as well.

I see the battle continuing being advantageous for any class with lag skills/hobble, and any class with pets. I.E. fighters and mages minus invoker.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:38 am    Post subject:

On the contrary, I find that this "fight continues" mechanic actually is a nerf to fighter class. Because of the continuation of fights this way, fighter classes cannot flee/murder anymore which significantly reduces the damage output, especially against mages/clerics.

I don't understand what is the hate against fighters and why there is a need to buff rogues (thieves/shadows). Thieves are already annoying as fuck and shadows are actually pk-effective, they are not weak, it's just that they are not as popular.

I would love for the flee/murder mechanic to return, but that's me, because personally I do not like the nerf. On the other hand, my 200ms lag doesn't favor me flee/murdering anyway, so...

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I’ve had a lot of fun with this new mechanic. I think it’s actually showcasing all the skills that each class has to offer, instead of relying on getting decked and flee/murder your opponent to death. It also shifts the strategy significantly for where you fight and how you go about inputting your skills. On Thelrin’s graveyard, Hotun mentioned that he purposefully wouldn’t input anything so he could chase Thelrin down instantly when he fled. This makes securing kills for classes without lag skills a good bit easier as well, so not just fighter classes. In short, I’m game.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Flee/murder seems a rather poor mechanic to rely on, regardless. Anything that helps mitigate that mechanic is a shift in the right direction.

1 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:22 pm    Post subject:

fix healers

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

I'm not really sure to make of this thread. It was obviously not going to win a popular vote to remove it from the game, flee-murder hurts the mage classes a lot. So, what was the point? If there are classes that overly depended on flee-murder to the point we think the previous implementors have neglected them on purpose (knowing they have viable strategy) then just go open some patch discussion.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Uh..I was curious what the community thought? This change has only helped me overall. Not trying to get it removed.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject:

Well, I was expecting to see some feedback bubble up. Like for example, berserkers. That class took a hit from no longer getting in the raged murders. It is probably justifiable now for rage to add decent damage reduction, maybe becoming a medium armor class that depends more on mobility than warriors do. We do need to get past "I like this" / "I dont like this" before there is any point talking about which classes need work now I guess. I just figured we did already. Even in testing it, the testers said "Not 100% sure but seems great so please dont remove it". Its an obviously novel idea, and "flee murder" can still be done but is more difficult to execute. Also, trying to balance spellcasters without addressing it clearly wasn't working.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: